Earlier the procedure to apply for passport online was not so easy for the citizens. So these people looks for steps to apply for Indian passport renewal and agent who can fill up application form for new passport for them for money. There are many thing that confuse people of India are documents while applying for passport in India. So for those who find procedure to apply for passport online very difficult we are going to share a complete guide on How to Apply for passport renewal in India .
How To Apply For Passport Online in India ?
If you are too confused about Indian passport renewal then do not worry we will tell you with easy steps. As we said that procedure to applying for passport in India was not easy but now it became very easy to apply for fresh passport online as everything that confuse you has been simplified with changes made by the Government of India.
Note : Procedure to apply for passport renewal is also same. Just follow same .
We are going to share guide to apply for fresh/renewal passport online in very quick way. We will be telling you only documents required for passport that will help you in procedure to apply for passport . After reading and following these guide you will surely complete your passport application form without help of any agents.
How To Apply For Passport Online in India ? ( Complete Guide )
To apply for Passport, You must have necessary documents that you will have to attach with your passport application form. If You have required documents for passport then you can follow the guide to apply for fresh or renewal of passport online.
Step 1 : Register Yourself
- You need to go to PSK website for online passport registration.
- Click on New User to register yourself on Website.
- After that you need to fill up correct information in application form as mentioned in your original documents and select passport office of your city.
- Once you’re done, click on Register.
- Now return to home page of Passport Seva website .
- Click on the Login button to login to your account using user ID and password.
Step 2 : Fill Passport Application Form
- You can fill the passport application form in two way that is online and offline. You can either download it and upload same to website from your account or just fill the form online with correct details.
- We recommend you to fill application online for saving your time.
- If you want to fill offline and upload it later then you can download it by clicking here.
- You can also fill application from your registered account. Most of the people found online way of applying for fresh or passport renewal very easy so recommend this to every people whosoever is applying for Indian passport.
- If you’re filling application online then you will see option to choose between a Fresh passport or Re-issue and a Normal or Tatkal passport. You can choose any option according to your requirement.
- Click Next to enter your information about yourself. Make sure that information you’re providing matches with original documents. You can also look for information booklet provided by Passport portal.
- Once filled up, check the information again to avoid any problem on later stage. Once you’re done proceed further to submit the application.
- Now click on Click View Saved/Submitted application
- You will see the application after submitting to let you check again for wrong information.
Step 3 : Pay and Schedule Appointment
- After submitting form click on Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Now Select Online Payment and click on next.
- Select nearest Passport Seva Kendras PSKs from the drop down menu .
- Enter the captcha text from the image and click on next.
- Click on Pay and Book Appointment to pay fees online.
- You will see window displaying Appointment Confirmation with the appointment details at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- Click on Print Application Receipt to take print out of Application confirmation.
- You will need to go along with confirmation Receipt at Passport Seva Kendras.
You can also Download App for tracking Passport easily.
Step 4 : Verification of Documents
- When You printed out confirmation Receipt then what you need to do is to go to the Passport Seva Kendra and Regional Passport Office at the scheduled time. Make sure that you go with original document which you have attached within application. After visiting to PSK/RPO it will take less than two hour to complete verification of your documents. Check Out required documents for Passport.
- After verification of document there is one more verification that is called Police Clearance Certificate. Once Police verification is completed you will be issued passport with in 14 days. You can also track or check status of your passport here on Check Passport Status.
I hope that this step by step guide on How to Apply for fresh or renewal passport online in India help you in process of applying for passport . If in case you need further assistance then leave your question below in the comment.